Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Life? What's That?

So I have been having plenty of discussions with people lately about what this whole life thing is about. I mean most of us are trying to make our parents proud by going to college and getting a career that will make us stable for the rest of our lives, or do what we think is safe as opposed to living out our wildest dreams. My question to the masses is: Does that really count as life?

I can only speak for me personally and I can honestly say that I have not been living. Yes, technically I have been living - breathing and functioning in the everyday world (praise God) - however, the kind of living that we all SHOULD be doing, I was not a part of. My passions have been pushed in a corner just collecting dust while I move around like a robot trying to stay afloat in my office job.

WELP, GOD HAD ANOTHER PLAN.

That office job that became my second home - like literally spending half my day at the office and the other half sleeping at home - let me go. And once that job dropped out of my schedule, the rest of my schedule crumbled and left me with nothing but time with myself and my thoughts. And you know what happens when you finally sit down with all your thoughts and you no longer have distractions? You realize just how much time you have been WASTING.

So now I have been blessed with "time off". My spirituality has been growing and its made me look at things like never before. I have lost some friends and have even stopped talking to some family members. It hurts but I believe its necessary for me to grow.

So, Life. What is it? A chance for you to show the world what you got. An opportunity that was laid at your feet by God to do good works and reap the benefits of said works. To embrace your passions and lead the life that will bring you happiness.

And with that, it's time to get the rest of my life in order. You should do the same.
PEACE

-N.P

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. You are wise beyond measure. It's great to see how much you've grown :). I've been reflecting on this topic recently. When someone passes away you can't help but think about how short life is. It causes you to evaluate your life and the choices you make. Why waste your time doing something you don't love? I'm constantly asking myself that. Slowly but surely I'm finding my way and making decisions that will be pleasing to ME and also to God.

    Namaste ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late response but thank you! And I am glad that you're finding your path to happiness :)

      Delete