Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dear Ex-Best Friend...

Dear Ex-Best Friend,

     I wish that I could say that I miss you, and that I want us to hang out again, but then I would be lying - and I stopped doing that a couple months ago so you're out of luck. Being your friend was nothing but trouble and I never realized it until I started to pull back from you. I actually started to get more things done without you. I scored a 4.0 GPA at school because you and I stopped being friends, I started to do more things on my own because I didn't have you to lean on anymore. And most importantly, I got back to being me, because you were no longer around, pushing me behind you and into your shadow.

I wish I could say that it was fun but it wasn't. It was crippling and heartbreaking when looking in hindsight. Thank you for being such a big life lesson for me.

I wont forget you, but I refuse to be friends with you again.
GOOD-BYE LAZINESS - it wasn't nice knowing you.

- N.P

No comments:

Post a Comment